Happy New Year to everyone, and a special cheer to all the business owners, entrepreneurs, and business leaders out there. Well, another year has come and gone, 2014 has come to an end, and it’s time now for small businesses to start developing plans for 2015. Small business owners need to start unfolding plans to help expand their sales and marketing efforts for 2015. What will the New Year have in store for you as a small business owner?
Here are several top trends to look for in 2015.
1. One of the key areas that small businesses should look for in 2015 will be the large increase in minority spending. Small business owners cannot afford to sit back and ignore this growing market. All across the United States, minority spending is on the rise as total population growth increases.
2. Another key area of marketing will be to the generation Yer’s or the Millennials. These are the younger generation of people born in the 1980’s and 1990’s. A lot has been written about this specific group of people over the years, and rightfully so. The number of millennials in the U.S. is roughly one third of the population. On top of that, they seem to be the largest educated group with over 60% of them receiving some type of college degree.
3. Social networking will continue to grow, as well as consumer spending habits within the social networks. In support of consumer spending, Facebook and Twitter introduced the new “buy” buttons within their networks. The whole idea is to keep users within the networks, and the new “buy” buttons do just that. Users now have the ability to purchase items without leaving the social networks. Another advantage small businesses will have through social networking is the ability to listen. It’s important to hear what your customers are saying about your business, and the manner in which you respond to them.
4. The rising popularity of social media sites such as Pinterest and Instagram mean only one thing for small businesses, influence. Pictures, videos, graphic images all influence buying behavior from individuals. It’s certainly nothing new, in fact, look what television did for advertisers. The point is, there are over three hundred million plus users searching and using image type social media sites today. Small businesses can leverage this opportunity by introducing their own unique pictures, art, graphics and other media forms.
5. Content is king and nobody knows that better than Google. Every small business should be looking at content marketing to help reach their target audience. Content is what drives the internet today and small businesses need to be part of it. Of course, content marketing may not always be an easy task, and often requires a little time and effort. Although, it is still one of the best resources for reaching out to customers.